One of the most important UMEX investments in the Port of Constanța is the construction of a specialized silo for the operation/ storage of bulk grains, which will significantly improve the quality of the processes specific to the handling and storage of grains. The project is under development and will be completed by the end of 2021, with a total investment of approximately 28,000,000 Euros.
Easy access for the grains arriving In Constanța Port
The new terminal is flexible and facilitates the discharging of grain arriving in the port by any means of simultaneous transport (train, truck, barge), through the 4 independent transport lines, to any of the 8 storage bins. At the same time, from any bin, the goods can be transferred at a rate of 1,500 tons/ hour to the ship-loader that will be placed in berth 38.
The lowest energy consumption, by using only belt conveyors (where possible) for horizontal transport of products.
Reduction to the minimum of dust pollution, by using completely enclosed conveying
system and aspiration systems for open intakes.
Multiple loading and transhipment flows
- Train intake – 600 tons/ h
- Warehouse intake berth 38 – 600 t/h
- Barge intake berth 39 – 800 t/h
- Truck intake berth 38 – 400 t/h (adaptable both ways)
- Delivery to ship loader – 1500 t/h
Large storage capacity
- 8 silos x 10,000 tons
- Total storage capacity 100,000 tons (together with the existing warehouse)
- Maximum bin diameter 26 m
- ATEX explosion protection
Fully automated control system
- Computer controlled automation (hardware/software)
- Load speed and alignment monitoring
- Temperature and level monitoring in silos